Vine-Works provide viticultural services to many of the UK’s leading vineyards across the country. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a large number of vineyards and experience the flourishing English Wine industry first-hand.
The Viticulturalist would be responsible for managing multiple vineyards throughout the South of England. This multifaceted role is predominantly field based and includes:
● Vineyard management and technical scouting
● Report writing, budgeting and planning
● Tractor operations (including spraying)
● Management of all tractor operator’s schedules
● Oversight of other Technical Scouts/Vineyard managers
● Labour team Supervision
● Competitive agricultural salary
● Company car, laptop and phone provided
● Company Pension Scheme
● Play a vital role in establishing and perfecting UK viticulture
Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidate should have great viticultural knowledge and good report writing skills along with tractor driving experience. Good personal skills are required as this role is customer-facing and the candidate should be confident in supervising large teams. The ability to work independently and competence to problem solve is essential. The role will include the gathering of field data using our own scouting protocol (training provided).
Vine-Works Ltd demands the highest standards in order to meet our customers’
expectations and we pride ourselves on delivering premium results. Thorough record-keeping and attention to detail is vital. Reasonable levels of fitness are required (lifting 25kg). The ideal candidate should have several years’ viticultural experience and/or relevant qualification to degree level.
Start date: January 2021
Please email a cover letter and your CV to company director, Darcy Gander